By Camryn Ellison
Whether you are on a specific diet or just interested in something new, here are some great meals and snacks for you.
Meal: Steak, Mushrooms, Rice and Broccoli
Protein, Calcium, Potassium
- Whether you are cooking for yourself or others this is a great meal for dinner. Steak is packed with proteins along with mushrooms to build up your muscles. Rice contains a good amount of zinc to help your immune system and fight off infections. Adding broccoli to this meal is excellent considering it’s one of the world’s healthiest foods, It helps prevent cancer, lowers cholesterol, helps strengthen the bone and much more.
Snack: Banana-Strawberry Smoothie
Calcium, Potassium, Zinc
- Now who really doesn’t like smoothies? Banana-Strawberry smoothies are tasty and healthy. It is also great for pre or post workout. Bananas are high in potassium and help with blood flow, reduce muscle cramps and soreness.
Meal: Peppered Chicken and Onion Linguine
Calcium, Iron, Protein
- They may not smell the best, but raw or cooked onions are healthy. Onions can help with your immune system and digestion. They’re also a decent source to help preventing cancer. The carbohydrates in onions might cause gas though.
- Recipe: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/rachael-ray-30-minute-meals/chicken–peppers-and-onion-with-linguine
Snack: Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- These snacks are fairly easy to make. First you may season the scallops with butter, chili powder, and/or red peppers. Then you wrap the scallops with the bacon and insert a long toothpick or skewer. You can grill them or cook them on 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until bacon is brown and sizzling.
Meal: Jamaican Jerk Tofu Stir Fry
- If you never had tofu this is a great meal for you. This vegan dish contains, tofu and marinade of course, with onions, garlic, rice, etc. Tofu soaks up more marinade the dryer it is, so it may taste better when made.
- Recipes: https://www.house-foods.com/recipe/Jamaican+Jerk+Tofu+Stir+Fry/
Snack: Stuffed Peppers or Tomatoes
- Stuffed Peppers and Tomatoes exist in many different names and forms around the world. This may be a great vegetarian snack though some recipes may contain ground beef. Usually stuffed peppers or tomatoes are really spicy you adjust recipes to your liking.
- Recipes: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/231514/vegetarian-mexican-inspired-stuffed-peppers/ http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/herb-stuffed-tomatoes-recipe.html